Monday, June 16, 2008

THANK YOU

Thank you so so much to everyone who came out to the show last night to celebrate our birthday with us. We had a BLAST, and all the bands were amazing. Thanks to all our friends/roommates/family (Naomi's mom and brother, and my brother made it out for the occasion) for hanging out and dancing with us.

It was our first foray into the world of show promoting, so needless to say the day was a little hectic, but everything came together and the show ran pretty much on time. I apparently took a whole lot of pictures, which I'll be posting on our myspace soon.

I'm still in the process of waking up, so I'll probably have more coherent thoughts in a little while. If you liked Socratic last night, you'll love the interview with them that we'll be posting in the next day or so.

I'll leave you with some kind words from competitive eater Crazy Legs Conti, who we invited to the party but was unable to attend:

Carrie and Naomi,
Thank you for the invite and congrats on your one year birthday! That cupcake should be the size of 52 regular ones.

I will miss out on your party due to the rigors of the competitive eating circuit. Eater X and I will be doing back-to-back contests in hot dogs and strawberry shortcake this weekend. I will raise my 1st pound of strawberry shortcake in your honor (and then hopefully eat nine more pounds for my personal best in the dessert discipline). Consider that an omen - inklings.tv needs to be around for a decade.

Enjoy the party I hope its a night you'll never forget, but might not remember (open bars tend to do that to me).

Eat All You Can,
Crazy Legs Conti





-Carrie

1 comment:

steakbellie said...

i yearn for you tragically.
-A.T. Tappman
Chaplain